Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Transparency

It's been years since any of us knew what the fuck was going on in Congress. We've heard our candidates dubbed cancer supporters when they voted down a bill budgeting $100 million dollars for cancer research, only to find out after the election that the same bill allotted $500 million dollars in tax cuts for oil companies. That is why I am proposing some full-time, non-partisan scribe or page or whatever, who is takin' notes on that 'dem bills and can post 'em up on C-SPAN's website (SOME website, ANY website). We need it in a format that doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes to digest (because that's how long I can pay attention for). At least this way, I can check it out if I want to. As is, you can tell me Nancy Pelosi votes for mandatory abortions and Joe Wilson voted for literacy tests at the voting booth, and I will never know any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment